Product Submission Process & Guidelines POLICY
Mission of Museum Store
The Kosas/Museum Store exists to support and continue the mission of the Guam Museum and Chamorro Educational Facility (To foster a greater understanding of the Chamorro culture, art, history and natural environment of Guam) by offering a unique mix of quality products, significant publications and exhibition-related merchandise. Income earned is used to support the collections and the exhibitions of the Museum.
If you are an artisan/cultural producer interested in submitting items for possible sale in the Kosas Store, you must be a registered artist with the Guam Council on the Arts and Humanities Agency, a tax-paying resident of Guam and have a current business license with the Government of Guam. All other vendors interested in submitting items for possible sale must be a tax-paying resident of Guam and have a current business license with the Government of Guam with the exception of the Exhibition Specific Selection Criteria.
The Kosas Store seeks to sell high quality merchandise created and/or designed by artisans both locally and regionally. Items crafted in Guam are given priority consideration. Items must reflect the mission of the Guam Museum and Chamorro Educational Facility, generally through a relationship to subjects covered by the Museum’s permanent collection or traveling exhibitions. You can learn more about our collection and any upcoming exhibitions by visiting The Museum in person or online at www.guammuseum.org
- Mediums – We accept craft work in ceramic, glass, wood, jewelry, metal and textiles. Acceptable forms of non-craft items include books, home décor, fine design objects, kitchenware, fashion accessories and children’s toys and games. Unfortunately, we cannot offer any original art for sale.
- Product Assortment Needs – Customer demand, current market trends, and our existing product mix are all taken into account when reviewing products.
- Sales Potential – Revenue potential and profit margins are thoroughly evaluated as all income earned is used to support the collections and exhibitions of The Museum.
- Quality & Value – Product quality, cost, retail value for comparable products, and minimum order quantities are all considered.
- Exhibition Specific – We will allow for temporary sales from artisans/ cultural producers and vendors that produce merchandise that is relevant and exhibition specific at the Kosas Store until the Travelling Exhibit has ended provided that all legal requirements are met.
- In order for us to properly process and review all product submissions, we kindly ask that all follow the guidelines below and meet the minimum requirements outlined above. Product reviews will be conducted semi-annually – in February and August of each year.
How To Submit work
In order for us to properly process and review all product submissions, we kindly ask that all follow the guidelines below and meet the minimum requirements outlined above. Product reviews will be conducted semi-annually – in February and August of each year.
Download the “The Merchandise for Review” form and scan or mail it back to us along with photos or a catalogue. Please do not send samples unless specifically requested as they cannot be returned.
Next Steps - The Product Review Panel will review your submission. Items are very carefully and thoroughly vetted for their quality, price and appropriateness to our store as outlined above. If we find that your product is appropriate, you will be contacted. Note that unsolicited phone calls will not be returned.
Questions – Email the Kosas Store at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please. Thank you for your interest in the Kosas Store.
- Merchandise Categories
- Logo Merchandise
- Ready to Wear
- Beauty and Bath
- Souvenir Food Items
- Art Prints/Posters
- Works from Masters of CHamoru Traditions
- All Digital Media Platforms